So here are a few things that have been on my mind lately, mostly have come up due to the book we are reading as a connect group (Strong women, soft hearts by Paula Rinehart... AWESOME book). It is nothing new or mindblowing but I just wanted to write about it because it helps me get my head around what I'm thinking about deep down.
There comes a point in your walk with God where you start to realise that not everything is going to work out in the exact way you would have liked. That some things are not going to be ok (at least, not in your eyes), and that God is not going to do things in your way, in your time. God is not tame; unlike some examples of imperfect parenting on earth, our Heavenly Father is not ruled by our every whim & desire. And there are moments that we can never understand what the reasons are, but we are asked to walk through some great pain that seems unnecessary and destructive and we can't understand how that could POSSIBLY be God's will!
Those moments define you.
It is in that moment that you have a choice to make... a choice to become bitter and cynical and harden your heart and promise yourself to never allow ANYONE to hurt you again, especially not God. Or you make the decision, no matter what happens, no matter what price I pay, no matter if things never are ok, I will not stop following you God. As the disciples said "where else would we go?"
The amazing thing I have found is that once you make the decision, yes - you still may walk through some great pain, yes things still may not work out how you wanted... but somehow within that decision comes a great peace - the peace that surpasses all understanding. How incredible that somehow, in the middle of something that we never wanted to see happen, we are granted a peace because of our trust in the faithful & loving character of our Father!!!!!!!
And that is all I have to say!!!!!!!!!!
ummm and oops I was going to look up the exact words that the disciples said & I forgot, so it's kind of a paraphrased version
ReplyDelete