So I have been trying to think of a better way of keeping people up to date with what is happening in the Devenish world and I have decided to give blogging a go. Life is just getting busier and busier and I have been finding it hard to keep everyone informed... and Facebook is great, but I can only fit a couple of lines on a status update! (Plus not all of our family is on FB so I figured a blog site might be better?)
So, here it is!!!!
For my first blog I figured I would try to get everyone out there up-to-date with what has been happening so far this year!!!
So... starting with Stephen Royce... Steve is final year uni (podiatry) this year YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This semester consists of clinic at his uni campus and 2 online subjects... so he is out 3 evenings a week chopping people's nails and feet up hehehe. He doesn't get back till 10:30 Wed & Thurs but he is home every morning which is so so nice for the kids! He is still working with a young guy who was in a car accident on Saturdays fortnightly. We are really really looking forward to him graduating... at this stage we have made a connection with another podiatrist in the area who is planning on selling her business early next year... we are hoping things will work out there so that we can buy it and get right into it all!! Other than work and uni and looking after his family, Steve has been busy with his Hobie Cat (called Betsie after his beautiful wife hehe) and riding his mountain bike.
Me... being the stress junkie that I am I have enrolled in Psychology at Deakin, and am doing 1 unit this semester. It is certainly a new challenge to fit in my 2nd year subject (cognition) around all my other responsibilities, but a challenge that I am enjoying. I am hoping and dreaming and working towards working in Australia and internationally in the area of trauma... my particular interest is in potentially working with children who have experienced trauma through sexual assault, abuse and child prostitution... but I will see where God leads me as time goes by!
Chloe has started 3 yr old Kinder this year and LOVES it... she is so excited Thurs and Fri mornings, and quite put out on the days I tell her it is NOT a kinder day. She is a little ray of sunshine... bubbly, sweet and empathetic... and she says the FUNNIEST things!!
Joshua is growing up so quickly. His speech has come a long way in the last 2 months, and it is great to hear him talking! He mostly talks about the important things - "Roary the racing car", Gaffer's (my dad) car, Grandma's car, mummy's car, daddy's car, Grandpa (Steve's dad) plane and Bob the builder.
Sienna is 5 months old now and an adorable little sweetheart. When she smiles she puts everything into it and can light up a room!! She loves high pitched squealing and blowing raspberries. She has what is believed to be a (benign) dermoid tumour in her eye and is booked into Royal Children's Hospital for an MRI 21st April. The follow up specialist appointment will be 11th May... this is where we will find out how deep the growth is, and what the options are in terms of surgery. There are risks for her sight whether we proceed or not with surgery so we ask for your prayers!!!
And I think that is probably enough for a first blog... hope it has caught everyone up with what is happening, and as Roger Ramjet's song says "for (his) adventures just be sure to stay tuned to this station!"
Great first entry Bethany looking forward to keeping up with your going's on...just think u can blog about livvy's party on Saturday hahaha good on you for giving it a go xoxox
ReplyDelete